LONG DISTANCE MOVERS
Long distance moves involve moves that cross state lines or extend beyond 100 miles from the origin. By their nature, long distance moves tend to take much longer than local moves. Depending on your move-in date, short-term storage may be required. Donâ€™t worry, as a full-service moving company, we can handle all aspects of the move.
Long Distance Moving Charges
How much will a long distance move cost? Weight and distance are the two main factors affecting cost, but they arenâ€™t the only ones. Our long distance moving charges take several factors into account:
- Weight â€“ After loading the moving truck, it will be weighed at a government-regulated weigh station. The long-distance rate (called a tariff) is a regulated by the Federal Highway Administration (FHA) and the Department of Transportation (DOT). We will not be able to give you an accurate quote until after the shipment has been weighed.
- Distance â€“ The long distance rates based on weight are often discounted by the long distance moving company based on distance, destination, or season. For example, we may offer a discount if the moveâ€™s starting or ending point is in one of our main service areas (such as Virginia, Maryland, Washington, DC, Colorado, or Cincinnati, Ohio). Likewise, seasonal discounts may be offered if business is slow.
- Packing Materials â€“ We charge a reasonable fee for boxes and packing materials.
- Valuation Insurance â€“ We charge a basic fee to insure your belongings against accidental damage while under our care.
- Accessorial Charges â€“ You may be subject to a few extra â€œaccessorialâ€ charges such as fuel charges or workerâ€™s compensation insurance.
Estimating the Costs of a Long Distance Move
Use the table below to get a better idea how much a shipment might weigh based on the number of rooms you would be moving. This table is for illustrative purposes only. Your shipmentâ€™s actual weight will be calculated at a government-regulated weigh station. You are welcome to join us at the weigh station with and without your shipment fully loaded.
|Type of Move||Average Weight in Lbs.|
|1 Bedroom Apt||1,000 to 2,000 Pounds|
|2 Bedroom Apt||2,000 to 3,500 Pounds|
|2 Bedroom House||2,500 to 4,500 Pounds|
|3 Bedroom House||6,000 to 8,000 Pounds|
|4 Bedroom House||7,000 to 10,000 Pounds|
|Larger||12,000 + Pounds|
A successful long distance move starts by choosing a reliable moving company. Contact us today to learn more about our long distance moving services.